01 / Categories of Information & Specific Pieces of Personal Information We Collect
We collect both personal information and anonymous information. We may combine personal information and anonymous information to create aggregate information. We may collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account or manage your account on the platform, such as first name, last name, and email address.
- Information you provide when you share your location on the platform.
- Information you provide when you share content on the platform.
- Information you provide when you upload content to the platform.
- Information you provide when you make a purchase on the platform such as your credit card number, CSC or CVV code number, name and address.
- Information you provide when you contact us to ask a question whether on our site, or that you may provide us as part of ongoing feedback and survey responses about the site, or in obtaining technical support.
- Information you provide if you choose to participate in a sweepstakes, contests or games of skill.
- Information you provide if you choose to subscribe to newsletters, email lists or other content that we provide.
- When you visit or use the platform, we may collect certain information through the use of automated means. We may collect information such as:
- Your interactions on the platform, including the log activity and details of your navigation, comments, posts, messages you send and receive, ratings, favorites, content that is shared with you by others, media you view or listen to, and information about the people, fans and artists that you are connected to and how you interact with them.
- Your IP address.
- The type of browser, devices and operating systems you use.
- Identifiers associated with the device(s) you use to access the platform.
- If you navigated from or navigate to another website and the address of that website.
- Information regarding your mobile operator or internet service provider.
- Data from third party applications or websites, if you connect to the platform or register for an account through a third party application or website.
02 / Sources from Which Your Information is Collected
We collect information you provide to us when you request or use our platform, register with us, use our services, use our site, respond to surveys, games, sweepstakes, contests of skill or otherwise interact with us. For example, when you register via the site, you will create a user account. Your account will contain personal information that you submit to us during the registration process.
Please Note: If you are a registered user, you may access and modify personal information from your profile at any time by logging into your account and selecting the ‘Profile’ tab. If you no longer wish to use the Platform, you may delete your account either through your account settings or by contacting us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section below. You may choose to select an audience for your posts and activities through your account settings on the Platform. You may also choose to unfriend users through the Platform to avoid communication with a specific user. Connecting your You42 account to third-party applications or services is optional. If you have chosen to connect your account to an external, third-party application, such as Facebook, you can change your settings and remove permission by changing your account settings.
A valid request to delete, change, or review personal information will be accommodated within 30 days.
You may not decline web beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
We may collect information about you from third party sources and combine it with what we have collected about you. This can include but not limited to connected accounts such as other social media account or another ID provider where we may gather name, email address, location, etc. If we do so, you may opt out of this by following the prompts in your profile section.
Connected Third Party Accounts
You42 uses YouTube services. For more information: Google Privacy & Terms
03 / How We Use Collected Information
We use the information that we gather from you in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, secure, and protect our platform.
- Recommend connections for you and recommend to connect with you.
- Test new features and products.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support.
- Help you find local establishments, events or offers.
- Create leaderboards and track gamification.
- Communicate, contact, market, and share materials with you.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our site and platform.
- Personalize the platform for you, which may include suggestions, or customizing the content we show you.
- Conduct marketing activities, including targeted advertising.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To identify you and associate you with the information you provide if you make a verifiable request that we disclose any personal information we previously collected about you.
- To identify the category or categories of personal information we collected about you if you make a verifiable request that we disclose any personal information we previously collected about you.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
- You may use our APIs to access any information you provide to us for the purpose of changing your name, address, adding/removing friends, or posting to your social feed or chat.
- We may permit our customers to use our APIs to access any information you make public on your profile to improve their businesses and the services they may provide, including without limitation generating reports for content reviews, likes or fans, dynamically creating advertisements, and posting profile updates.
Please Note: You may make any or all of your information private at any time by going to your profile page, clicking on the settings icon (a gear icon in top-right anchor), then clicking on Global Privacy and Edit.
- Enforce applicable laws or otherwise comply with the legal process.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that make us or others uncomfortable, may violate our policies or may be illegal.
- Release anonymous information gathered from site users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the site.
04 / Sharing Your Information With Others
We do not share your personal information with other companies without your prior consent except in the following circumstances:
- When you direct us to share your personal information with others.
- We disclose information to our employees, contractors, distributors, dealers, vendors, sellers, partners and suppliers (including data analytics providers and sellers who sell goods through the platform) who process information on our behalf, and who participate with us in operating the site, making the site available to you, or providing you with platform and site.
- We may work with advertising networks that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements. Advertising networks collect information about the websites that you visit and the advertisements that you interact with and uses it to serve you targeted ads based on your inferred interests and preferences as well as for auditing, research and reporting to us and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the platform and on third-party websites that participate in the advertising networks.
Please Note: Many companies that collect information for targeted advertising are members of either the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). The NAI and the DAA offer the ability for you to opt-out of the targeted advertising programs of their members. The NAI op-out is available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and the DAA opt-out is available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you use a different computer, change your web browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to renew all of your opt-out choices. Please also note that this does not opt you out of being served advertising but only excludes you from targeted (i.e. interest-based) advertising. If you use the site, you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties so they can send you marketing materials that may be of interest to you. If you want to opt-out of receiving these third party marketing materials, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email
- We may share your information with our affiliates.
- As noted in Section 3 above, we may permit our customers to collect your public information via APIs. You may make your information private at any time by following the instructions provided in Section 3 above.
- We may also share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation, investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violation, protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others and detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
If You42, Inc. is involved in a merger, asset sale, acquisition, financing, liquidation, or bankruptcy of all or some portion of the business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information created or derived from your information.
05 / Your Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information That We Collected From You
You may request that we delete any personal information about you that we collected from you. If you provide us with a verifiable request to delete your personal information, we will, within thirty (30) days of receipt of your verifiable request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any of our service providers who have such information to delete such information from their records.
To make such a request, please contact us at the contact information provided in Section 13 below.
Please note that we are not required to comply with your request to delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you, if it is necessary for us to keep such information to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected your personal information.
- Provide a good or service you request or that we reasonably anticipate you will request given our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Perform our obligations under a contract between us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws if (a) our deletion of such information is likely to seriously impair the research or render it impossible to perform the research and (b) you provide informed consent. Within a reasonable timeframe of completion of this type of effort, related personal data will be deleted from the system.
- To enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your business relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Use such information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information. This may include retaining information that may be used for system restoration. Any data that is necessary to be retained for this purpose will be deleted in no greater time than one year of request to remove the data from the system and will not be made publicly available. The data will be securely stored and accessed only when necessary.
06 / Your Right to Request Disclosure of the Categories of Information We Collect, & the Identities of the Third Parties with Whom Your Information Was Disclosed
You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information, and specific pieces of personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed about you to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
- The sources from which your personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for our collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The name and address of all third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
We will provide such personal information to you within thirty (30) days of receipt of your verifiable request and free of charge, up to two (2) times per twelve (12) month period, upon receipt of a verifiable request from you. The disclosure will cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the date upon which we receive your verifiable request and will be made in writing and delivered through your account with us. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver it to you by mail or email (at your option). You are not required to create an account with us in order to make such a verifiable request.
To make such a request, please contact us at the contact information provided in Section 13 below.
Please note that we are not required to retain any personal information about you that we collected for a single one-time transaction, if we do not retain that information in the ordinary course of business. We are also not required to re-identify or otherwise link data that we do not maintain in a manner that would be considered personal information, in the ordinary course of business.
07 / Your Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
You may direct us at any time to stop selling your personal information to third parties.
To provide such notice, please contact us at the contact information provided in Section 13 below.
08 / Collection & Use of Information by Third Parties
Third parties are under no obligation to comply with this privacy with respect to personal information that you provide directly to those third parties or that those third parties collect for themselves.
By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information directly to the third-party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect, use or disclose your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our platform before visiting a third party site or providing any personal information to any third party.
The following third party service providers may collect and/or transmit user data, which may include PII, for the sole purpose of supporting the You42 platform and its services:
Amazon Web Services
Please Note: This list was compiled as of 1/2019.
09 / Online Tracking
We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our site or use our services.
10 / Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. If you suspect that we have personal information from a Child, please contact us at the contact information provided in Section 13 below. If you are under the age of 16, do not use the platform or site, and do not provide any personal information to us. We do not sell the personal information of individuals under the age of 16 unless we are affirmatively authorized to do so by such individual’s parent or guardian.
11 / Data Security, Integrity, & Retention
Please assist us in protecting your information. It is your responsibility to choose your password carefully and keep your password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone and please notify us if you believe that your password has been stolen or might have otherwise been misused.
13 / Comments & Questions – How to Contact Us
202 Tribble Gap Rd #300
Cumming, GA 30040
14 / Visiting the Platform from Outside The United States
15 / Users From the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA)
Legal Basis for Processing:
- Where the process is in You42’s legitimate interest and not superseded by your rights.
- When we have your consent.
- You42 has a legal requirement to process or collect the data.
16 / Definitions
Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of users that do not personally identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user.
Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user.
Children means individuals who are under 16.
A cookie is a string of information that we store on your computer or other device, and your browser provides to us, each time you submit a query to the site.
An IP address is the address associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet. We do not control your IP address. It is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider.
Our means You42, Inc.
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes, but is not limited to the following: (a) identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers; (b) signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information; (c) characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; (d) commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; (e) biometric information; (f) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet web site, application or advertisement; (g) geolocation data; (h) audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information; (i) education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99); and (j) inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes. For clarity, personal information does not include publicly available information.
Platform means our online platform that allows you to view, share and discover content and connect with other users.
Publicly Available Information
Publicly available information means information that is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records. For clarity, publicly available information does not mean biometric information collected by a business about a consumer without the consumer’s knowledge, or consumer information that is de-identified or aggregate consumer information. For further clarity, information is not publicly available information if that data is used for a purpose that is not compatible with the purpose for which the data is maintained and made available in the government records or for which the data is maintained and made available in the government records or for which it is publicly maintained.
Site means You42’s website located at https://you42.com.
Us means You42, Inc.
We means You42, Inc.
A web beacon is an object that is embedded in an email, web page.
You means an individual who is of the age of majority in the state or country in which you reside.